From the darkness and uncertainty of Jehovah's Witnesses to the glory of the Kingdom of Heaven

No longer dead, but made alive by God Himself to be an heir with Jesus Christ by faith and grace alone.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Eternal Life with God

Even now my words fall short of capturing the full love and gratitude I have for the person who saved me from my spiritual darkness and despair I would have happily led myself to. Happily because as a Jehovah's Witness, it would have been futile to worship God as I had been doing.

No matter what struggles I encountered I always thanked Him for choosing me to be in the Truth. Sure, JW's don't have any guarantees of salvation. To them, it's quite arrogant to think of oneself as being saved, much less say it with conviction. Of course I never dwelled on 1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
Eternal life now means not only living forever, but being with God Himself. Such relationship is not like a government which trickles down information, but in complete and ultimate fellowship as humans can achieve, which, ironically, is incomplete in regards to Being for only God can truly know God. That was something I realized later on, a personal relationship with the Almighty isn't simply trying my best to please Him. It is knowing why I want to please Him.

Jesus Christ, I love you because you love me!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Yes, it now gives me a glimpse into your past. I see, Danyosun!