From the darkness and uncertainty of Jehovah's Witnesses to the glory of the Kingdom of Heaven

No longer dead, but made alive by God Himself to be an heir with Jesus Christ by faith and grace alone.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Transformers

The movie that re-establishes the summer action movie! Spider-Man 3 didn't suffice and I haven't seen Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End yet, but this one I plan to buy!

Shia LaBeouf is so good in this one he makes up for the I, Robot travesty. Megan Fox and Rachael Taylor are simply gorgeous! Industrial Light & Magic are back on track with superior effects.

I only wish the "S" word wasn't used as much, but the giant robot action is what defines this film. Plus, Megatron's voice by Hugo Weaving is so cool!

3 comments:

tom sheepandgoats said...

"Shia LaBeouf is so good in this one he makes up for the I, Robot travesty."

I once worked with a girl (Tracy, I think) who absolutely loved science fiction. In the context of other things, I mentioned I, Robot.

Oh, that was terrible! she said.

But as we kept talking, it came out she had never seen it. Um...Tracy, how do know it's bad if you've never seen it? I asked. Turns out that she was a purist. She knew it did not follow Asimov's storyline, and that was enough for her!

Is that why you think it was a travesty? I thought it was pretty good. Though, I also, years ago, read the I, Robot stories & there's not much in common.

Sacchiel said...

Hi Tom! It wasn't so much the story, but the performances that I thought were flat. Having seen LaBeouf in Even Stevens and then hearing him curse like a sailor in I, Robot was rather odd.

tom sheepandgoats said...

Sacchiel:

This post of yours got me thinking & reading up on Isaac Amimov. And inspired my latest post. I didn't dedicate it to you, but I should have.