From the darkness and uncertainty of Jehovah's Witnesses to the glory of the Kingdom of Heaven

No longer dead, but made alive by God Himself to be an heir with Jesus Christ by faith and grace alone.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

I watched "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" starring Adam Sandler and Kevin James and the results aren't surprising.

The central plot of the movie is about a widowed fireman (James) who, fears the worst occupational hazard may occur leaving his two children orphaned and financially unsecured.

He asks his friend and fellow fireman (Sandler) to register as his domestic partner thereby allowing him to be responsible for the welfare of his children. Isn't he aware the same occupational risk remains? Circumstances actually lead these heterosexual men to be married (in Canada) and masquerading as a couple back at home for the benefits.

The only thing I can commend the filmmakers on is for not concealing the conflict between homosexuality and the Word of God. For example, a scene involving a group of people who hold signs expressing their concern, "Where Will You Spend Eternity". Perfect question, but sadly it is left unanswered. Was it just me or did the homosexual crowd comes across as vitriolic and intolerant?

I just saw a preview for "Walk Hard" where a priest gets punched in the face for exclaiming some music is that of the devil's. Though that viewpoint is flawed, I wonder why it's necessary to be included. Not my comedy and neither is this of "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry".

No comments: